On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 12:57:59PM +1300, martin f krafft wrote:
>    Regarding the following, written by "Martin Trautmann" on 2019-10-30 at
>    00:14 Uhr +0100:
>
>      That's such a strange thing.
>      [...]
>      since they never learned, how proper threading and quoting could
>      have worked?
>
>    78 characters wide text/plain is just not the lowest common denominator
>    anymore. I am not going to sing an ode to HTML email, but being able to
>    use Markdown to create more expressive emails than using ASCII art is
>    not something I find utterly offensive.

Here, I think, is the point at which various posters' results diverge.
I've never had anyone complain about my text/plain emails, but I've
never had any need to write fancy stuff.  Even Outlook seems incapable
of badly damaging blocks of text, indented blocks of text, *emphasis*,
_underscore/italics_, or lists.

(Or else my correspondents are more tolerant than I'd thought they
needed to be.)

--
Mark H. Wood
Lead Technology Analyst