Regarding the following, written by "John Long" on 2019-10-31 at 10:30 Uhr
+0000:
1. Commonly done != standard. There are standards for things like MIME, POP3, IMAP etc. I'm not aware of ANSI, ISO, IETF standards that say that HTML email is a thing.

Quoting the HTML RFC from 1995: "The Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) is a simple markup language used to create hypertext documents that are platform independent. HTML documents are SGML documents with generic semantics that are appropriate for representing information from a wide range of domains. HTML markup can represent hypertext news, **mail**, documentation, and hypermedia; …"

So yes, HTML was designed pretty much from the start to be used for mail.

And then "MIME" came along. Which is a standard, and RFC 2854 makes text/html a standard.

Anyway, none of this is relevant, because:

2. Mutt hasn't had HTML support

… and won't get HTML support. We're working on the ability to create multipart/alternative containers.

I am going to stop participating in this "HTML is good or bad for Email" debate, and I'd like to invite you all to consider doing the same.

--
@martinkrafft | https://riot.im/app/#/room/#madduck:madduck.net
a Hooloovoo is a superintelligent shade of the color blue.