Propagating the notion that E-Mail and Calendar are separate things is
probably the best thing to do, to undo their evil marriage. The calendar
related RFC's that I have looked at indicate that the protocols were
designed work and communicate completely independent of E-Mail, yet the
majority of people believe these things are designed or must to go together.

Truly, sending the human an E-Mail, to read, is a great response, but
could trigger a frustrating conversation about auto populating calendar
items, be prepared to defend your mutt way of life.