On 21/02/09 12:23PM, Cameron Simpson wrote:
On 08Feb2021 17:17, boB Stepp <robertvst...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm not using notmuch's tagging facility; I only use it for search. And
that infrequently.

It is this facility that I especially find intriguing if I can make it do
what I hope.

Notmuch itself lives outside mutt. You set it up with "notmuch setup"
and keep it up to date with the "notmuch new" command. (See "man
notmuch-setup" and "man notmuch-new".)

I have gathered this much so far.  I will probably go ahead and install it
and notmuch-mutt and see what I can easily make it do.  Apparently NeoMutt
has integrated notmuch-mutt into their distribution.  Out of curiosity, do
the Mutt developers have any inclinations in this direction?

I've a script for performing a notmuch search and building a result
Maildir containing the search results, and popping up that Maildir in
mutt:

   https://hg.sr.ht/~cameron-simpson/css/browse/bin/notmuch-search?tip

and I routinely invoke it via a stub script with a shorter name which
includes the -t option (includes threads containing the matching
messages).

Will look at this soon, but I wonder if you have independently have
developed similar functionality to what notmuch-mutt is supposed to supply?

Can someone clarify what I can and cannot do with notmuch from *within*
Mutt?  Provide more informative online articles then perhaps I have found?

You could easily write a mutt macro to invoke such a search from within
mutt itself. I haven't myself. I just issue a search from the command
line via my script.

Are you thinking of something like this on the ArchLinux Wiki:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Notmuch#Integrating_with_mutt

--
Wishing you only the best,

boB Stepp