On 2021-02-12, Paul Gilmartin via Mutt-users <mutt-users@mutt.org> wrote:
> On 2021-02-12, at 03:15:00, Amit Ramon wrote:
>> Peng Yu [2021-02-07 16:34 -0600]:
>>
>>> I just want to generate the HTML mine message. The instruction
>>> requires the set up of mutt, which I want to avoid. Is
>>> `bin/plain2html` for generating HTML mime message from a plain text?
>>
> But I wonder, "Why?"  Is there an email client so broken that it can't
> simply handle text/plain content?

Yes. In my experience the version of Outlook used in my office doesn't
not work well at all with text/plain. It doesn't use a fixed font and
it does something weird and unpredictabable with line endings.

I finally gave up and started using muttdown to send
multipart/alternative email in plaintext and html.

After a couple years of that, they turned of the SMTP server, so you
can only use Outlook or the OWA web API.  No more using mutt for
work...

--
Grant