Hello -

> Where are sample files for muttrc located?  Where are sample mailcap
> located?

On my machine, sample muttrc files are located in
/usr/share/doc/mutt/examples. There are a couple of muttrc files and a
sample mailcap file there.

If you have the source, then there are samples of both in the contrib
directory, and a longer sample muttrc in the doc directory.

> Also and this seems to be the initial cause of my calamity, what is
> the correct names of the imap folders in gmail?   Some of my muttrc
> files have GMail others have Gmail with only the first letter
> capitalized.

I believe they are of the form "+[Gmail]/Trash", for example. But I
think you might get by with just setting the spoolfile to be "+INBOX".

Good luck!

--
David Lowry-Duda <da...@lowryduda.com> <davidlowryduda.com>