On 21/02/12 06:50PM, David J. J. Ring, Jr. wrote:

Also and this seems to be the initial cause of my calamity, what is the correct
names of the imap folders in gmail?   Some of my muttrc files have GMail others
have Gmail with only the first letter capitalized.

I just got through doing a major overhaul of my Gmail.  Gmail's system labels
are as follows:

[Gmail]
[Gmail]/All Mail
[Gmail]/Drafts
[Gmail]/Sent Mail
[Gmail]/Spam
[Gmail]/Starred
[Gmail]/Trash

And of course +INBOX refers to [Gmail]/Inbox.

There are other reserved labels in Gmail such as Snoozed, Important, Chats,
etc., but if those are of interest you can "Google" for them.  ~(:>))

The one gotcha from my perspective is that Gmail uses "labels" *not* "folders"
to structure its mail.  So any particular email may have multiple labels.  If
your intention is to map labels to folders this may cause you grief if you are
not careful.

HTH!

--
Wishing you only the best,