> On 2021-08-30 14:28, li...@ifohancroft.com wrote:
Hi,

You basically have to unbind q for index (perhaps also pager, depending
on what you want) and create the same macro you already have for 'c',
for 'q' as well. Then for 'browser' bind 'q' to to 'quit' again.

So basically:

bind index,pager c noop # Unbinding the key first, because the manual
says that macros shouldn't be bound to keys that are already bound
bind index,pager q noop # Same as above
macro index,pager c "<change-folder>?<toggle-mailboxes>"
macro index,pager q "<change-folder>?<toggle-mailboxes>"

bind browser q quit

Hi,

I have used your suggestions, with some modifications (I had to use
exit, instead of quit), but it does not behave as I expected:

  macro  index,pager  c  "<change-folder>?<toggle-mailboxes>"
  macro  index        q  "<change-folder>?<toggle-mailboxes>"
  bind   browser      q  exit

But it does not behave as I expected:

- When I start mutt, I land in index. When press "q", then I go to the
list of folders (good: this is what I want). But, now (I am in list of
folders), pressing "q" should exit mutt. Instead, it goes back to index.

- When I am in pager, and press "q", then I go back to the underlying
folder (good: this is what I want). When I press "q" one more time, then
I go to the list of my folders (also what I want). But then if I pres
"q" again, I go back to the folder where I cam from, instead of exiting
mutt.

I understand what "index" and "pager" is. But what is the name when I am
in the list of my folders? I think I need to bind q for exit, when I am
in the list of my folders:

  bind  <name-of-list-of-folders>  q  exit

thank you,