On Wed, Mar 23, 2022 at 06:23:19PM -0400, Kurt Hackenberg wrote:
> Procmail is badly outdated, and it's a zombie, unmaintained for many
> years. I suggest that you consider some other delivery agent. The
> program fdm looks promising, though I haven't used it.

I'll agree with another poster:  if a thing still works, age is not
sufficient reason to throw it away.

That said:  I used procmail for some years, but switched to maildrop
because I found it quite a bit easier to configure -- and I have a lot
of configuration.  Worth considering if you decide to look around.
Converting the rules was tedious but not terribly difficult.

As someone else noted, sieve is also promising.  I also have not tried
it yet.

I've only just now heard of fdm, so I don't know anything against
it. :-/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fdm_(software)

--
Mark H. Wood