On Sun, Jun 05, 2022 at 11:32:34AM +0200, Anton Sharonov
<anton.sharo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> raf <m...@raf.org> schrieb am So., 5. Juni 2022, 07:52:
>
> > On Sun, Jun 05, 2022 at 12:06:52AM -0400, Jason Franklin <ja...@oneway.dev>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Greetings:
> > >
> > > I have two questions regarding header display...
> > >
> > > First, can the pager display header names in bold if the terminal
> > > supports it?
> > >
> > > Second some senders have weird capitalization of headers. Is it possible
> > > to display some canonical representation of any given standard header?
> > >
> > > To clarify, if the header is sent as "reply-to", I would like to always
> > > see "Reply-To" in the pager.
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jason
> >
> > Hi, I don't know about the first part, but the second part
> > could be done if procmail or similar is used for local
> > delivery, and it passes incoming messages through a filter
> > to "correct" the headers to your liking. But it might
> > be a hassle if you aren't already using procmail.
> >

> Will usage of display_filter option with your perl script below not be
> already sufficient solution even without procmail?

Good thinking. I just tried it and it works great.

 set display_filter = /home/me/bin/fix-mail-headers-filter

But the script needs a fix to prevent changing the From_ mbox header:

/home/me/bin/fix-mail-headers-filter:

  #!/usr/bin/env perl
  use warnings;
  use strict;
  # Modify headers if needed (e.g. "reply-to:" to "Reply-To:")
  while (<>)
  {
    # Skip to the following trivial loop after headers
    print, last if /^$/;
    # Replace lowercase at start of word before colon with uppercase
    print;
  }
  # Just print the rest unchanged
  print while (<>);