On 07Jun2022 09:56, raf <m...@raf.org> wrote:
>And I'm not sure I can do anything about it.

There are many things you can do. I see you've already shifted to just
using "bold" etc in your color directives, but also:
- run a personal terminfo record without the color capabilities;
  decompile the provided terminfo with untic, edit to remove the colours
  (or change the colours to "mono" escape sequences, build new entry
  with tic, set $TERMINFO to refer to it
- run mutt itself from a script or alias which sets $TERM just for mutt
  i.e. overriding the $TERM provided by screen (which will be describing
  the terminal capabilities of screen itself)
- switch from screen to tmux

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <c...@cskk.id.au>