Hello Francesco!

Francesco Ariis (2022/08/04 12:27 +0200):
> Hello Sébastien,
>
> Il 04 agosto 2022 alle 09:40 Sébastien Hinderer ha scritto:
> > I am about to work for an organization whose e-mails are managed by
> > Google.
> >
> > I tried to configure mutt to read those e-mails, in particular to make
> > the OAuth2 authentification method work for imaps.
>
> Have you considered enabling 2fa and then adding an application-specific
> password?

I didn't realise this possibility was there, actually, many thanks for
mentionning it!

> I did that because I could not get OAuth2 to work

I think there are ways, but which do not look very straightforward to
me, sadly.

Practically speaking, are you requested to confirm your authentication
through your phone each time you read your e-mails withmutt, or just
from time to time?

If confirming authentication on the phone on each e-mail read is
required, then I fear it's quicly going to become a burden. If it's just
a matter of ocnfirming from time to time, then I think it's okay.

I will also need to check whether my company allows this, which  I am
not sure but will check still today.

Best wishes,

Sébastien.