* Sébastien Hinderer <sebastien.hinde...@ens-lyon.org> [08-04-22 06:52]:
> Hello Francesco!
>
> Francesco Ariis (2022/08/04 12:27 +0200):
> > Hello Sébastien,
> >
> > Il 04 agosto 2022 alle 09:40 Sébastien Hinderer ha scritto:
> > > I am about to work for an organization whose e-mails are managed by
> > > Google.
> > >
> > > I tried to configure mutt to read those e-mails, in particular to make
> > > the OAuth2 authentification method work for imaps.
> >
> > Have you considered enabling 2fa and then adding an application-specific
> > password?
>
> I didn't realise this possibility was there, actually, many thanks for
> mentionning it!
> >
> > I did that because I could not get OAuth2 to work
>
> I think there are ways, but which do not look very straightforward to
> me, sadly.
>
> Practically speaking, are you requested to confirm your authentication
> through your phone each time you read your e-mails withmutt, or just
> from time to time?

iirc, you get an acknowledgement/confirmation/authentication originally
and no more.  I set it up last year and my mail system for two goggle
accounts and have not been requested additional auth since for either.

> If confirming authentication on the phone on each e-mail read is
> required, then I fear it's quicly going to become a burden. If it's just
> a matter of ocnfirming from time to time, then I think it's okay.

it has not been for me.

> I will also need to check whether my company allows this, which  I am
> not sure but will check still today.

I use fetchmail and procmail:
  poll imap.gmail.com with interval 0 proto imap port 993 timeout 150 \
    auth any, and tracepolls
  user 'abcdef.ghij', with password "abcdefghijklmno", is Ixme here, \ and
    ssl, and fetchall  sslcertck
  mda '/usr/lib/sendmail -i -oem -f %F %T'
  user 'ghijklm.nopqr', with password "abcdeXXXXXlmnoo", is Ixme here, \ and
    ssl, and fetchall  sslcertck
  mda '/usr/lib/sendmail -i -oem -f %F %T'

it just works.

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo                   paka @ IRCnet oftc