Dear Mutt Users

recently I experienced DKIM fails that depend on the
Content-Transfer-Encoding of messages text part.

Being a german I use to write my messages in german with UTF-8
encoding. I prefer plain text. My e-mails are DKIM signed. I have
checked DKIM to be set up correctly twice.

By default Mutt does 8bit encoding for text/plain. Now I found that
several (most) of the recipient systems fail to check DKIM.

If I force Mutt to change the encoding from 8bit to 7bit, base64, or
quoted-printable (using ^E in the compose menu), the DKIM checks
succeed.

Can I force Mutt to use quoted-printable or base64 by default for
encoding of plain text?

Does anyone have similar experiences? Is there an explanation for this?
May there be any interference with the MTA?

Interestingly DKIM checks do not fail if I use non-ASCII characters in
the subject. Also attachements do not cause DKIM to fail.

Best Regards

T. Finke

T. Finke
f...@igh.de