On 2024-03-23 12:52:40, Sirius Rayner-Karlsson via Mutt-users wrote:
> In days of yore (Sat, 23 Mar 2024), Sadeep Madurange thus quoth:
> > On 2024-03-23 11:10:11, Sirius via Mutt-users wrote:
> > > In days of yore (Sat, 23 Mar 2024), Sadeep Madurange thus quoth:
>
> For reference, in my Debian Bookworm, I have the following:
>
> sirius?~?$?locale
> LANG=sv_SE.UTF8
> LANGUAGE=
> LC_CTYPE="sv_SE.UTF8"
> LC_NUMERIC="sv_SE.UTF8"
> LC_TIME="sv_SE.UTF8"
> LC_COLLATE="sv_SE.UTF8"
> LC_MONETARY="sv_SE.UTF8"
> LC_MESSAGES="sv_SE.UTF8"
> LC_PAPER="sv_SE.UTF8"
> LC_NAME="sv_SE.UTF8"
> LC_ADDRESS="sv_SE.UTF8"
> LC_TELEPHONE="sv_SE.UTF8"
> LC_MEASUREMENT="sv_SE.UTF8"
> LC_IDENTIFICATION="sv_SE.UTF8"
> LC_ALL=
>
> It may be that you just need to pop in the "set charset="utf-8"" in
> your mutt config and you are good to go.

Thanks for sharing your config. You're right. I needed to add "set
charset=utf-8" to muttrc and set LC_CTYPE. The problem was I had set the
latter in my .kshrc when I needed to set it in .xsession. It's all good
now.

> > Unlikely to be a problem with the font. I'm using DejaVu Sans Mono,
> > which I used on Linux in the past without any problem.
>
> That should be a good font. If you are in the market for some other
> good fonts, take a look at Monafont.

Thanks for the tip. Always appreciate those :) It looks nice. I will
give it a go.

--
Sadeep Madurange
PGP: 103BF9E3E750BF7E