On Wed, Apr 10, 2024 at 01:05:09PM +0800, Kevin J. McCarthy wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 09, 2024 at 09:33:06AM -0700, Will Yardley wrote:
> > side note: using quotes around the template screws things up, that is,
> > set message_id_format="<xyz>"
> > vs
> > set message_id_format=<xyz>
> >
> > results in a broken message-id with the quotes inside the angle brackets
>
> That shouldn't be the case.  The outer double quotes are stripped off during
> muttrc evaluation.
>
> You may want to double check whether you accidentally copy/pasted unicode
> curly quotes.

You're right. That said, maybe we could setup the online version of the
docs to be more copy / pasta compliant?
http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/#message-id-format

I'd normally expect to be able to copy the whole string (including the
quotes) into a config

Seems like mutt is using "\fC" and "\fP" consistently (intentionally?)
in various sections of the docs in init.h, though.

The quotes in 2202 are also a little odd with the left / right double
quotes, then outer regular double quotes, then inner regular ones.
https://gitlab.com/muttmua/mutt/-/blob/master/init.h?ref_type=heads#L2202
https://gitlab.com/muttmua/mutt/-/blob/master/init.h?ref_type=heads#L2208

/w