On Sun, Apr 07, 2024 at 01:19:09PM +0000, Ебрашка wrote:
> Question, what should I write in .muttrc to make my outgoing mails have
> the same beautiful message-ID as Yandex mail?
> For example Message-Id: <43265...@example.com> consisting of random
> digits and domain name

There was a long debate about the message-id format that you could
probably dig up. For a long time, the Mutt ones were a date string
followed by an epoch timestamp.

The change in 2.0 was somewhat controversial. Note that this is now
configurable (which I hadn't known and / or had forgotten), so, assuming
you're using mutt >= 2.1, you can customize it if you'd like using this
config setting:

http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/#message-id-format

[I'm testing it out myself on this response!]