Hi Richard,

> So the rule seems to be "don't leave a space between -fl and the name of the
> flag but do leave a space between -d and the date and then remember to put
> the date parameter at the end."

Pretty much, except the order doesn't matter if you if just put the
first word of the key flag name (it's the space that causes the
problem) e.g. <Msg text> -d Today -flKey works fine - fewer key
presses as well ;-). Just remember to make the first word of your
flags unique in some way.

Have you checked out the updated User Guide on the website for 3.5.0?
It includes a run down on the new parsing functionality.

Regards,
Ken

PS thanks for the Delicious links. Look forward to having a look at
those.