But what's the logic behind this - why do I need to leave a space
between -d and Today but not between -fl and Key?  What are the rules
for the other flags.  Why can't they be consistent.   I am a
moderately experienced IT person with experience using using command
line driven software - if I struggled to make them work,  I would
imagine many others would find them as problematic (if not more so)

I did read the documentation (bad habit of mine!)and found nothing
about the rules for leaving spaces.  Incidentally, there is a typo -
refernce to the -lf parameter rather than -fl flag (just to prove that
I did read them!)

Re delicious links - they do reflect my professional interest - IT
consultant working in the Not For Profit sector.