I think probably the settings are saved with the data file, rather than for
all of MLO. Did you try re-opening your old file, I presume, and it didn't
work? Anyway, look in the directory that your data file is stored in, and
there should be files with the extension ".bak". Move them to a new name
and give them the .ml extension and see what happens when you open them.

Lisa

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 12:26 PM, Mazey <maz...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Good evening,
>
> unfortunately I had a very unpleasant problem with MLO:
> Trying to learn more about the program, I saved my own file and opened a
> blank new file to test some stuff that I read up in the manual.
> There I detected that all (!) my conditional formatting was reset. I am
> *certain* I did not click that as I had not been in the settings at all.
>
> I know there is a autobackup function running in MLO - could some kind
> soul please advice me how I could best get my formats back? I am uncertain
> how to restore the backup.
>

> Thank you in advance,
>
> Brienne

Lisa