On 2013-01-03 13:31, m...@grantsmiths.org wrote:
Chris: thanks for mentioning Thunderlink. The one thing keeping me from
switching my email from Outlook to Thunderbird is the links from MLO to
Outlook. When I drag an email from Outlook and drop it on MLO, it creates a
task with the email body in the task note, and an embedded link. When I open
the task and click the link, Outlook opens the original email. Does anything
happen when you drag a task from Thunderbird (with Thunderlink installed)
and drop it on MLO?

Yes, when you drag & drop an email something does happen: it causes an access violation in MLO!

So, to get a link to an email in Thunderbird (after you've installed the ThunderLink add-on you:

1) right-click on the email and select "Copy ThunderLink to Clipboard"

2) Paste into an existing task's note file

3) Prepend the pasted link with "file:" (without the quotes)

Clicking on the link in MLO switches to Thunderbird and moves the focus to the email message whereever it happens to be, even it has subsequently been moved to a different folder.

It's not as slick as getting a link back to Outlook, but I'm just glad that a link is possible at all - it's a really useful feature.

--
Chris Randle