Yes, I haven't tried PE but it does look quite handy. I forwarded it to my
task cloud :)

I am constantly changing my system, somewhat like I buy new organizational
containers every once in a while :) There are many ways to set MLO up, but
this blog post is still pretty close to what I am using at the moment:
http://stroyan.net/lisasblog/2012/mylifeorganized

It may give you some ideas.

I'm also working on a book but it is pretty slow going, I'm afraid.

Feel free to ask questions here on the list when you get stuck; usually the
more specific ones tend to get more replies.

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 2:29 AM, Steve Gledhill <stevegl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Lisa
>
> I liked MCA's post about using Phraseexpress : I use PE and was going to
> implement MCA's solution when I saw your post! Much better to get the
> fundamentals right. I use GTD and your approach will work well for me.
>
> All I need now is to create a system in MLO. I don't use the review system
> at all - perhaps that will help
>
> Steve
>

> On Sunday, 5 May 2013 16:15:49 UTC+2, Lisa S wrote:
>
>> Hi MCA,
>>
>> Thank you for sharing your Phrase Express tips.
>>
>> You mentioned that you have a lot of tasks that you change to future
>> dates. There are probably much more efficient ways to manage your task list
>> in MLO, if you are interested in brainstorming them. You might consider a
>> process where you mark those that you are going to work on rather than
>> changing all of the ones you are not. Contexts, Flags, and Star are ways to
>> do this.
>>
>> I find it more efficient to use start date only for tasks which are not
>> available until a particular date, to avoid the cycle of constantly
>> changing the start date.
>>
>> Anyway, just an idea!
>>

>> On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 5:56 AM, MCA <mca...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> recently I discovered PhraseExpress - an automating hotkey tool for
>>> windows, free for private usage.
>>> Meanwhile I find it really useful in combination with MyLifeOrganized to
>>> automate specific actions.
>>>
>>> An example that I use and see it as quite helpful:
>>> I have a lot of entries in my MLO database (~3000).
>>> Especially at the beginning of a month or a week I am facing a very long
>>> list of entries from which - I have to admit - 80% have to be postponed to
>>> later hours, other days or weeks.
>>> Doing that with the mouse is a quite time consuming thing as I have to
>>> pick a date from the calender or the context menu of the start date field.
>>>
>>> Via keyboard it gets better, I can press "ALT+S" to set the focus to the
>>> start date field and then enter something like Tue (for Tuesday), 5d (for
>>> "in 5 days") or 3w (for "in 3 weeks").
>>> Due to the numerous entries even that takes up some time.
>>>
>>> I was looking for a possibility to quickly postpone entries, e.g. to
>>> Thursday, Saturday or to a later start time, let's say in e.g. 5 hours.
>>> With PhraseExpress this is finally possible.
>>>
>>> I create a folder "MyLifeExtensions" in  PhraseExpress, below that a
>>> folder "postponing to days" and in that folder a hotkey macro "shift MLO
>>> entry to Fr".
>>> That macro will receive the following text:
>>> {#ALT -chars s}Fr
>>> {#TAB -count 9}
>>> {#ENTER}
>>>
>>> What is simulated?
>>> 1. Alt+S (--> this sets the focus to the startdate field)
>>> 2. Fr (--> this text is entered in the startdate field)
>>> 3. The tab key will be pressed 9 times. This quickly jumps though all
>>> dialog boxes and the cursor/focus will be in the tasklist again in the end
>>> so that I can continue without the need to take the mouse. The number of
>>> tabs depends on the number of dialog boxes and menu items that are
>>> displayed with your MLO.
>>> 4. The EnterKey is optional, I found out that I sometimes needed this
>>> extra key press.
>>>
>>> The whole macro is bound the the hotkey Alt+5 as Friday is the fifth day
>>> of the week. I have similar hotkeys for all days from Mo to Su (Alt+Numpad1
>>> to Alt+ Numpad 7).
>>> The macro is limitied to the MLO application only so it won't be
>>> activated in other applications than the mlo.exe.
>>>

>>> Now I can quickly shift entries from my list to other days just by
>>> selecting the entry and press Alt+ Numpad 1, Alt+ Numpad 5, Alt+ Numpad 3
>>> and so on...depending to which day I want the entry shift to.
>>>
>>> The same can be used for hours. It works similar just instead of  "{#ALT
>>> -chars s}Fr" I use "{#ALT -chars s}7h" and use the hotkey with Ctrl instead
>>> of Alt.
>>>

>>> Using these hotkeys I can quickly set my entries to the right days and
>>> can do my daily review much faster.
>>>

>>> Other macros are also possible. Phraseexpress can be used for a lot of
>>> actions.
>>>
>>> I am not affiliated with Phraseexpress or their developers, don't
>>> receive money from them... I just wanted to share this with you, maybe
>>> helpful to the one or the other.
>>>

>>> Greetings
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/**