Thanks Dwight for checking this out.

As I seem to be the only person to have flagged this limit, it seems to be
unnecessary. I would prefer it to be based on amount of storage in bytes,
rather than the number of files - the standard approach of Google,
Microsoft, Evernote and so on.

Any chance of you changing this Andrey? I would like MLO to be my default
tool for all lists - including lots of small ones. I have had to consider
an alternative setup for small lists comprising Simplenotes, Resophnotes,
Notational Velocity and Dropbox, and my preference is to keep everything in
the most comprehensive application, MLO.