At one point I think I may have solved that issue by having the template
task recur once, in your example, two weeks after the task is completed .
By completing the task after creating it from the template , the lone
recurrence would be updated appropriately . It's been a while so I don't
remember the details.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/CAJYFk%2B0ZJJfuBD4C%2B1OoF5RskROKQcpcO6eBD08KpO6YDQP01g%40mail.gmail.com.