Hi Steve,

Using AHK you can toggle the spacebar on/off, which would allow you to
quickly revert to using it for text entry.

Try the following script (which uses the ScrollLock key to toggle) : -

ScrollLock::Hotkey, Space, Toggle
Space::
MsgBox Space key is disabled. Press ScrollLock to enable.
Return

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/15542bf8-e408-492d-8060-32639c74eb09%40googlegroups.com.