I always use Shift or CTRL to bring my PC back from standby. I see many
people use the 'enter' key and I worry every time.
To be fair, Windows should be clever enough to ignore the key press when
the screen is not visible but we're stuck with it.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/849a3d12-346e-4e7a-b23b-1344a2571c89%40googlegroups.com.