From: mylifeorganized@googlegroups.com
[mailto:mylifeorganized@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Richard C
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 3:18 PM
To: mylifeorganized@googlegroups.com
Subject: [MLO] Archiving a deep hierarchy of tasks

I am very bad a marking tasks as done so I have ended up with a massive
hierarchy of stuff that has been done but which is not marked as done in MLO.
I cheat by filtering my To Do views to only show stuff that doesn't have a
start date or start date in the last 30 days - so this stuff just disappears
from my day to day views.

However, the time has come to clean some of this up.  What I want to do is mark
it as done so that it gets archived (it may come in useful at some stage!).
  But the rules for archiving are quite complex so I just want to check that I
am doing this right.

Here what I am doing and why

1.      Selecting the whole hierarchy and clicking on the Folder tick box twice
- this changes any folders in the hierarchy to normal tasks (because folders
can't be marked as done and therefore can't be archived)
2.      Marking every item in the hierarchy as done - this makes them archivable
3.      Making sure that there are no parent items that are marked as projects
(because items under a project don't get archived until the project is marked
as done)

Have I missed anything.  Are there any other factors that prevent an item being
archived.

Richard

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/5bbab08c-a1a1-4804-9ada-5a73c6188f51%40googlegroups.com

<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/5bbab08c-a1a1-4804-9ada-5a73c6188f51%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>