Richard: have a look at

http://smartlifeblog.com/great-pert-charts-diagrams/

-Dwight

From: mylifeorganized@googlegroups.com
[mailto:mylifeorganized@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Richard C
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2014 6:45 PM
To: mylifeorganized@googlegroups.com
Cc: lstro...@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [MLO] Re: OT: project management software ?

What a great thread.  I have a similar problem at the moment - kicking off the
development stage of a project with over 30 functional areas to implement which
we want to build and rollout incrementally with lots of interpendencies and
factors to think about in relation to the order in which we tackle the
implementation.

For what its worth,  I don't think Toms Planner (which I use) does it.  Good
for timetabling things out once you have worked out the order but not good for
capturing the dependences and thinking about the order.

Trello (which I also use) is Ok for helping you put things in to order (in my
case, putting the functions into different workblocks) but doesn't show the
dependencies (you can only record these in the notes).   I was planning to use
this despite its limitation because a) it is very good in group situations  and
b) you can keep a history of your thoughts and reasoning on each 'card'

I agree with Dwight that a Pert style approach makes sense but I don't know of
any software that does this.  Dwight do you have any suggestions.

And thank you pottser for the link to Scapple.   Those diagrams look like the
diagrams that I tend to draw a lot.   And also the reminder about Mindjet  - it
appears to do dependences (but I am not quite sure how).  But not cheap ($399!!)

Great stuff

Richard