Hello Nick,

I'm using the beta on iOS, so I hope that what I describe is in the current
release:

You can move an *individual item* by selecting it, swiping from right and
then scrolling down to the "Move Task" button.  (This button is a little
hidden away here - I've suggested to Andrey that it should also be
accessible by tap-and-hold on an item, then pressing on the >More button
and putting it just above the "Delete Task" button.) Anyway, when you
select move task it defaults to a list of projects, but you can start to
type the name of any task in the search box at the top and it will offer
you all the tasks which match the search term, as a potential parent.

For moving *multiple items*, select the ^ button on the bottom-right and
then chose "Multiselect". Once you've chosen the tasks you want to move,
you'll see a four-way arrow button (the move button) at the bottom left of
the screen.

Hope that helps,
Stéphane

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/ee9954aa-9df8-4bf4-b6a6-5ef42f3dd9b8%40googlegroups.com.