On Tuesday, October 28, 2014 6:10:10 PM UTC-4, pttravis wrote:

> . . . I no longer want anything to do with Outlook. I just want to use MLO
> for tasks and Google calendar for ... well, calendar. I had ONLY used
> Outlook as a hub to sync MLO and Google

Hi, Pttravis. I can imagine why you want to sync MLO with Google Tasks but
I can't figure out the calendar. Are you really trying to synchronize the
appointments in your Google Calendar with MLO? If so, could you describe
how that would ideally work?

Turning to tasks, MLO v1 for Android does not to my knowledge sync tasks
with anything other than other copies of MLO and the MLO cloud. You can
copy tasks to other places using Share but I doubt that would be much help
to you. So, that leaves us with MLO for Windows, which does have an ability
to sync tasks with Outlook, which in turn can synch tasks with Google. I
assume that this meets your needs (because you have been using it) except
for the upcoming disruption in google calendar sync interfaces. Therefore
the best thing I can imagine for you is to continue using Outlook. I
understand that you don't want to use Outlook as a platform for your tasks,
however it's the only application I know of that would allow you to use it
as a hub to transfer tasks between MLO and Google Calendar. This would
require deployment of gSyncit or something similar to get past the change
to Google Calendar Sync interfaces.

Disclaimer: I have no experience with gSynchit or with MLO/Outlook
synchronization, so what I am saying may not be reliable. Anyone with
actual experience or other solutions, please jump in.

Turning to future solutions, I note that the new version of MLO for
iPad/iPhone is supposed to have some new calendar interface which looks
like it would be interfacing with the Apple IOS calendar. I have not seen
this app, and I don't know whether the calendar view is something that's
been released or if it's still being developed. But I do know that
somewhere in this forum developers have mentioned that MLO V.2 for Android
has begun development, and it's supposed to be based on the iPad/iPhone
version. So maybe when that arrives you will be able to sync up MLO tasks
with Google tasks on your Android phone or tablet.
-Dwight

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/0aa6ba2e-30fc-4e73-a90e-76b31e89dc81%40googlegroups.com.