It sounds like there are two issues.

1 - You were syncing tasks and Calendar from Outlook to Google but your
sync method no longer works. gSyncIt (third party app designed to get
around this issue) would probably still work but it sounds like that's not
what you are looking for as it still requires Outlook. But for anyone that
cares, gSyncIt is pretty brilliant and has a ton of customization. I've
used it for years (though I now am moving away from any Outlook
involvement. It does sync tasks.

2 - You want to get away from Outlook. For Calendar and mail I use emClient
and it's excellent. I've only needed the free version so far. MUCH better
desktop for Google mail and calendar than trying to force Outlook to sync
every hour or so taking up a bunch of resources in the background (which
gSyncIt does).  But I do not have a task solution for you -- google tasks
are so...basic? antiquated? that for me it was pointless to even try.
Sorry...maybe someone else has an option.

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 12:25 PM, pttravis <pttravis...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually, Outlook no longer syncs with Google :(
> sad - it was quite handy.
>
> I just liked having tasks (I would use an Urgent category) showing up in
> my calendar ... made one less thing to have to look at during the day.
>

> On Tuesday, October 28, 2014 2:41:01 PM UTC-4, pttravis wrote:
>>
>> Hi folks.
>> Question is now that Google Calendar/Tasks cannot be synced with Outlook
>> -
>> I'm having an issue with MLO
>> Example: I was having MLO sync with Outlook and then Outlook sync with
>> Google Calendar
>> ... can't do that anymore
>> ...... ANY suggestions, tricks, tips to do this and Tasks now?
>> (I have to utilize Google Calendar and Task because of a team situation
>> ...)
>>
>  --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/dd9089f5-696c-4b2a-9ada-4b5f70ae64d4%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/dd9089f5-696c-4b2a-9ada-4b5f70ae64d4%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>