There are quite a few items on the web about successful people scheduling
with their calendars, rather than to-do lists.  That way, you have to
complete in the time you've allowed yourself. It also forces people like me
not to spread myself to thinly, expecting to get more done in a day than
it's possible to do.

Timeful was a really good app for doing this but, sadly has now been sucked
into the Google ecosystem, never to reappear as a calendar-independent app.

Stéphane

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/8f0020dd-4f93-4230-b2ef-17f7cfd0d910%40googlegroups.com.