I absolutely agree with you!!
A read-only calendar view like the current one is very out-of-date feature.
I posted similar suggestion many times and read also other posts similar to
this.
How could we get this coming on MLO Windows and Android? Unfortunately the
current view seems to be the final one....I hope no!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/b62db377-73ca-4c47-bcc3-37181095db26%40googlegroups.com.