Hi Stéph,

"In your example, you suggest creating "a custom flag with a name of person
and particular icon", then you suggest assigning that flag based on an
autoformat rule, which picks up on the use of a specific category, caption
property (ie text term in the caption?) or tag"

This mean you understood it well, I mean everything is in your text. :)

I mean, with a custom flag previously created, one could "call" it and
assign to a task just by typing its name in a task caption, or a text - in
the limit any property - we define for it.

But before it, one have to create an autoformat rule so that it works,
where we can define conditions (I mean the expansion of condition rules)

Beyond Icon assingnment, in autoformat dialog box, MLO could also handle
Flag assignment (maybe a button in the dialog box the same as *icon*) in my
viewpoint, based on caption and other tasks properties defined in the
rules...or maybe a combination of flags in the same dialog to choose from.

I know there are many workarounds for using icons and even, MLO Team cannot
satisfy all users suggestions but, though we can use icon, I do not see
them as flags when organizing my to-do lists, nor with the same purpose.

Maybe a scripting language would be a solution, or another suitable one, to
handle this features.

Thank you for your interest in helping and understanding.

BR

MG

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/3f3dbd11-f1f4-4810-a308-eb556514fd3f%40googlegroups.com.