I think what the OP is requesting is a way to make a backup of the current MLO profile to a file that's resident on the phone. This is obviously not helpful if the phone is lost, stolen, drowned or otherwise inaccessible, but it could be useful if tasks are deleted or modified and the user wants to go back to a prior copy. This would be especially important if the user does not have a desktop or laptop and wants to avoid the cash outlay needed for cloud synch.

I seem to recall way back in the dim history of the early days of MLO/Android that there was an interface to some backup utility on Android. You could go into Settings and designate MLO as a datastore needing backup. As I recall it took a lot of developer attention to make it work across diverse brands of phone and different choices people made in configuring their systems. I believe that it worked well for a while and then the backup system vendor, or maybe it was Android, made some change and everything stopped working. It seems as though too few people were interested to warrant investing further developer time.

-Dwight