I have worked it out in Win 10.

*Make a link to MLO from TheBrain*

This makes a link from the content area of a thought in TheBrain to a task
in the main pane in MLO.

In MLO:

   1. Right click on the task
   2. “Copy as > Copy as URL” in the context menu

In TheBrain:

   1. Click the “Attach” button
   2. Click “Link to URL”
   3. Paste into the box that appears
   4. The link appears under the thought title in the note. It can be
   renamed through its context menu.

*Make a link to TheBrain from MLO*

To make a link to a thought in TheBrain from a markdown note in Task
Preview mode in MLO:

In TheBrain, right click on the thought and choose "Copy Local Thought URL"
from the context menu.

In MLO, in the Task Properties pane (in Task Edit mode), type in the notes
panel.

Use square brackets and parentheses to create the link:

[label](Local Thought URL)

label: Text that shows in Task Preview mode in the Task Properties pane.

Local Thought URL: Link address to the thought in TheBrain.

The steps to achieve this are left to the student.