Hello,

I don't know whether or not the developers of MySQL are aware of this
but I got the following error three time when I installed the
MySQL-3.23.30-1.i386.rpm and MySQL-client-3.23.30-1.i386.rpm packages
on Red Hat Linux 6.2:

/usr/bin/mysql_install_db: test: integer expression expected before -eq

I am running the Bash shell version 1.14.7 and RPM version 3.0.5 as shown
by the fllowing output:

[nzanella@tulip nzanella]$ rpm -q rpm bash
rpm-3.0.5-9.6x
bash-1.14.7-22
[nzanella@tulip nzanella]$

This error message is somewhat strange as I looked at the script
/usr/bin/mysql_install_db and did not find anything disagreeing
with the Bash manual in places where test and -eq were found.
It looks as though "$IN_RPM" or $force is not evaluating to
an integer. Why then is RPM complaining?

Thanks,

Neil

    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

If you have a broken mail client that cannot send a message to
the above address (Microsoft Outlook), you can use: