Ok, I'm starting to design a PHP/mySQL web site that will house about 6-8
tables, lot of relation stuff, very dynamic output to the web visitors. My
worry is performance. By doing authentication via comparing a member's
profile to the record he want to read in the db and all that other fun
mySQL stuff I'm truly petrified that performance will be slow.

Currently we get about 1300 visitors a day but that's been doubling every
few months. During our high point (near our own technology trade show) we
get even more.

So now that we should be getting some funds to buy a new tower what are the
most important specs? Should I get a dual processor, RAID hard drives, gig
of RAM. What's the best set up for a PHP/mySQL web server for approx 60,000
page views and 1300 visitors per day?

Thanks in advance,
Mike