On Tuesday 16 January 2001 02:54, Joseph Bueno wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Problem description:
> I have posted several emails to this list during the last few
> days because of mysqld crashes and index corruptions. After
> upgrading from 3.22.32 to 3.23.30 server crashes have
> disappeared but with still had index corruptions (between one
> and two tables corrupted every two hours).
>
> Workaround:
> I have rebooted the server in single-processor mode and there
> was NO index corruption in the last 24 hours (although the server
> was even more loaded than during previous days: between 300
> and 350 queries/s).
>
> Hardware platform :
>         Dell PowerEdge 2450 bipro PIII/733,
>         2Gb RAM,
>         integrated hardware RAID crontroller (PERC3)

Uh, oh.  This might be the problem.  We had "issues" with data corruption
with filesystems when we had a dual processor system with a DAC 960 RAID
controller.  I think the PERC series might be a rebranded DAC card.  We had
to get the newest drivers off of the net, recompile the kernel with them and
rebuild a lot of data :-(  One of our servers is sensitive enough that we
just run it in UP mode instead of SMP.

The systems ran just fine until we hit a certain type and level of load.  We
haven't tried to create it on demand yet.

>         with 2x18Gb disks configured
>         in RAID1 (mirroring) mode.
>
> Operating system:
>         Linux RedHat 6.2 (kernel 2.2.14 SMP)
>
> MySQL version:
>       3.23.32 from binary RPM (MySQL-3.23.30-1.i386.rpm)

I don't know that MySQL has that much to do with it in this case.

Best,
Kyle

--
Kyle Hayes
Quicknet Technologies              t: +1 415 864 5225

"HEAR THE DIFFERENCE" with a live MICROTELCO demo at:
INTERNET TELEPHONY EXPO, Feb 7-9, Miami, FL

MicroTelco is a revolutionary service that brings multiple Internet
Telephony Service Providers (ITSPs) together in a convenient,
simple to use account center for greater reliability and flexibility.
For more information visit: http://www.microtelco.com.