Has anyone else experienced a problem in which queries get mangled
(using mysql 3.23.30 for both client and server, client is on redhat
6.2, server is on solaris 2.7)?  It appears to happen only for one query
in particular (posted below).

select parts.part_code,parts.price,parts.name FROM parts,part_map WHERE
parts.part_code = part_map.part_code AND part_map.sys_id = 'G1200SCA'
AND parts.type = 'floppy' ORDER BY part_code;

Half the time I run this query, it works. the other half, the query
appears to be mangled.  Examples of error messages I've received:

ERROR 1109: Unknown table 'partnic' in where clause

or

ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near ':?d,sys_id =
'G1200SCA' AND part ... at line 1

If I change 'floppy' to 'cdrom' or anything else in the database, the
query seems to work fine.  I'm running these queries from the MySQL
client and from PHP 4.0.4pl1, and both appear to be exibiting the same
problem.

I haven't ruled out a problem with RedHat's libraries at this point, and
I'm currently looking through mailling lists on their site.
If anyone's seen this problem or heard of something, please let me know
as I'd really like to get this fixed.

Cheers,
Javier