I need to test the relative "fullness" of a given table
relative to its maximum size on the OS. I am doing
everything through the C API. What I would like is
to be able to ask is, how full is table "bletch?", and get back
something like 87%.

The reason I am doing this is that I am dealing with
huge amounts of data whereby a given table, if used
in the traditional way, could easily exceed the maximum
on the filesystem. I understand that other database
management systems spread the table across files
so this is not a problem. I am more than willing to
manage "concatenated" tables myself through the
C API, but I want to be able to detect that I am getting
near the limit without just "hitting the wall" on an
INSERT.

Is there some way to do this?

Thanks.

Dean Hoover

PS. By the way, what errno is returned when I do "hit the
wall" on an INSERT?