Hello,

Hope this list is right for a newbie question.

I would like using mySQL as an ODBC-database on a Win NT Server with MIS,

... That means, I am having a Website developed with ASP/SQL-Server, and I just would
like changing the databaseserver (SQL-server out, mySQL in )
The ASP-clientside SQL-queries are just standard SQL - nothing SQL-server specific.
Also there are a few Visual Basic-SQLclients accessing the database.  All is working
similar as an editorial system.

Cause I didn't work with mySQL till now, I'm having a few questions:

1. Could it work ? Is it possible running mySQL as an ODBC-database ? Are there any
tutorials out ?
2. If yes - could there be any incompatible probs with the ASP-SQLqueries ?
3. Any problems with ASP as a Scripting language ? Any probs with MIS (Information
Server) ?
4. Is it possible processing queries multithreaded ?
5. Any experiences with Access as a mySQL-client via ODBC for databaseadministration ?

thanks,
            Marc Hafner