I'm trying to get MySQL running under NetBSD 1.5, and am having
problems getting mysqld running at boot time. It starts, but quits
almost right away.  If I start mysqld using mysqld.server the log
file indicates that the table mysqld.host is not found.  If I use
safe_mysqld the log file just indicates that mysqld started and
stopped.

I used the NetBSD pkgsrc to install the MySQL server and client, but
I guess I have omitted a step somewhere.

Is there a newbie resource somewhere for Those-Too-Stupid-to-Live?

  Thanks,
   Dave Chapman

--
David Chapman