> I'm trying to get MySQL running under NetBSD 1.5, and am having
> problems getting mysqld running at boot time. It starts, but quits
> almost right away.  If I start mysqld using mysqld.server the log
> file indicates that the table mysqld.host is not found.  If I use
> safe_mysqld the log file just indicates that mysqld started and
> stopped.

I think I may have licked this.  I had to alter /etc/my.cnf to point to
the right places.  I had expected the pkgsrc install routine to do this.

Silly me.

I then plunked a copy of mysql.server in /etc/rc.d.  Hope this is the
right thing to do....

Still looking for a MySQL For Absolute Morons if anyone knows of such a
resoruce.

  Thanks,
   Dave Chapman

--