[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Thanks Matt.
> MySQL is finally working.
> But the problem now is that PHP is not recognizing its MySQL
> functions. The error I am getting is:
>
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_pconnect() in
> /var/www/html/Willy/MySQL/test1.php on line 28
>
> Well, the php_mysql RPM has been installed along with mod_php4.rpm.
> PHP can recognize its own functions but not those of MySQL. I checked
> for the RPMs to be installed and I have installed all the php RPMs
> ( including php-mysql RPM). despite doing all that I get this error. MySQL
> is running perfect as I get the status when I type "mysqladmin -u=root
> status".
> Please help me. This is very urgent for me.
>
> Thank You.
> Willy

I had the same problem with setting up php ,
mysql, and apache. I also notice that the rpm that
redhat cd come with does not work . You have to
download the tar or the rpm from the site. If you
dont mind me asking, how did you set up the apache
server to work with php plus if you find any doc
on setting up php and mysql let me know.

Thank you .

Luis