Hi all

I have a large table (20 million records) that I want to load into RAM to
improve selects. I understand (from previous posts) that I must create a
HEAP table. Please correct me if I'm wrong on this. My question is - how
much RAM do I need if the MYI and MYD files are as follows :-

214M Jan 20 19:11 domain0115.MYI
680M Jan 20 19:11 domain0115.MYD

Those sizes are in Mega bytes. Does the RAM size have to provide for both
the MYI and MYD files?

Also, is it correct that the MYD is the datafile and MYI the index file?

Thanks for any help. Appreciate it.

Michael Thomas
[EMAIL PROTECTED]