Why am I getting this error. Is the rpm program not working. I am running as
user admin not root. I was told that I can still install mysql without using
the root user. The only thing i know is that when I went to that directory
below I don't have permission to write to that directory. I am not a expert in
network administration. I just want some reasoning behind this error.

failed to open //var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm

error: cannot open //var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm