I'm doing NIDS work as a small part of my job and have setup MySQL 3.22.32 for
logging of alerts.  My problem is that when a user accesses the db it gets
locked and the NIDS hangs if the read takes too long, forcing a reboot of the
NIDS box.  I'm trying to determine if I replicate the db and do the reads on
the slave is it possible to make changes to the slave that will propogate back
to the db that the NIDS is logging to?  I did read the information that I
found at http://www.mysql.com/doc/R/e/Replication.html and saw a mention of
2-way replication in the FAQ, but no obvious documentation on setting up such
a beast.

Any help is greatly appreciated.