Speaking as one who tried working with such a connection, FORGET IT.
While entering data, I might get all or half a record entered when
the message arrives telling me the information cannot be posted,
because another user was editing that record (which I could tell was
simply NOT the case), and I had the option of either dropping my
input, or put the whole record in the past buffer. Occasionally, I
would get lucky and get a whole record entered and saved, but mostly,
my datbase was getting filled with gaps.

Get phpMyAdmin. It is far more reliable solution.

On 1 Feb 2001, at 12:06, (Mr) Pekka Gaiser wrote:

> Hi there,
> A DB newbie question - can I use MS Access for remote mySQL databases
> using myODBC?? Thanks.

John Jensen
520 Goshawk Court
Bakersfield, CA 93309