Platform Suse 7.0,
AMD 450 KIII+,
128MB Ram

Linux on 10 Gig system harddrive
with 45 Gig additional drive mounted as /dbshare.
MySQL needs to keep its database files in dbshare but I have not been
able to make it work.

>From what I have read in this maillist it would appear that some
combination of the use of  safe_mysqld -datadir= -ledir= -socket=
and the creation of symbolic links will allow me to do this but so I
have not found the combination.

RPM -Uhf --force MySQL-3.23.32-1.i386 RPM  creates /var/lib/mysql with a
test folder and a mysql folder and mysql.sock.
If  I move the mysql folder to the /dbshare and create a symbolic link
to it in /ver/lib/mysql then the error Can't find file /mysql/host.frm
occurs with safe_mysqld. I am doing something wrong. Help would be
appreciated